Roof Maintenance Contracts
Roof maintenance and inspection programs make good business sense for property owners and facility managers. Many roof systems are managed in a reactive manner, as leaks are repaired after damage has occurred to the roof or the interior of the building. To achieve longer roof life and reduced repair costs, a preventative maintenance contract is recommended.
A roofing system is a valuable asset that needs to be protected. A commercial roofing system contains three key components - the roof deck, rigid insulation, and the membrane. Fewer of these components will require repair if a leak is detected early. Data collected by Firestone Building Products over a 15 year period revealed that roof maintenance costs are $0.14 per square foot for buildings with a proactive maintenance program. Maintenance costs skyrocket to $0.25 per square foot when a roof maintenance program is not in place.
The roofing Industry Alliance for Progress conducted a similar study in 2003. They determined that the average life cycle of a low sloped roofing system was 17 years. More specifically, they determined that building owners that protected their roofing assets with a maintenance contract were rewarded with an average roof life of 21 years. Conversely, the average lifespan was only 13 years for the building owners and facility managers who choose to maintain their roofs in a reactive manner, without a maintenance contract.
Most material manufacturers' warranties require the owner to periodically inspect and perform maintenance to their roofing system. The Deer Park Roofing staff provides comprehensive roof inspections by qualified individuals as part of our preventative maintenance contract. A typical maintenance program involves the following services:
- Clean all Roof Drains, Scuppers, and Gutters
- Clean Roof Areas where Ponding Water Accumulates
- Repair all membrane damage from punctures
- Inspection of all Flashings at penetrations and curbs, including Walls, Pipes, and Skylights
- Inspection of all Seams and Expansion Joints in the field of the roof
- Resecure any loose Sheet Metal, Gutters, or Downspouts
- Apply Caulk to Roof Areas as needed
- Priority Service for Roof Emergencies
- Thermal Scan of Roof System to detect water infiltration (available at additional charge)
An Infrared Roof Inspection
is available with our maintenance contract at a discounted rate.
To inquire about pricing or request more information about a Deer Park Roofing, Inc. maintenance contracts, please email us