DPR Safety Program
Deer Park Roofing, Inc. is committed to the safety of our employees and individuals at our jobsites. In an effort to avoid even minor accidents, we identify safety risks before each job begins. These risks are then communicated to our entire work force in an effort to avoid injury.
Property owners are encouraged to hire a contractor with a proven safety record and not just a certificate of insurance. Insurance underwriters consider the roofing industry to be one of the top five most dangerous occupations.
Unfortunately, when accidents occur, property owners are often included in the resulting lawsuits. Professional Roofing contractors prepare job specific safety plans in an effort to eliminate hazards.
The Deer Park Roofing Safety Program consists of the following components:
- Safety Committee: The safety committee meets regularly to implement procedures relating to health and safety. Responsibilities of the safety committee includes oversight of employee training programs, safety equipment assessment, and review of accidents and near misses.
- Field Supervisors: Deer Park Roofing superintendents are OSHA 30 certified. They ensure that a culture of safety exists, Jobsite safety is monitored in accordance with the Deer Park Roofing Safety Manual and that proper personal protective equipment is in use.
- Foremen: All foremen are trained to identify and correct all jobsite hazards immediately. Foremen conduct jobsite safety audits throughout the work day.
- Toolbox Talks: Toolbox Talks occur weekly. Topics include specific training corresponding to the types of jobs that are being installed, type of equipment that is in use, or time of year.
- Employee Orientation: The Deer Park Roofing safety director conducts a comprehensive Safety Orientation for all new employees.
- Jobsite Safety Audits: Safety audits are frequently performed by management, superintendents, and the Safety Director.
- Employee Training Programs: Ongoing Health and Safety training occurs throughout the year with third party vendors and the Safety Director. Topics typically include fall protection, ladder safety, electrical safety, HAZCOM, fire safety, personal protective equipment, and other topics including review of the Deer Park Roofing Safety Manual.
- Drug Free Safety Program: All employees are subject to a pre-employment drug screen. Random drug screening occurs throughout the year in accordance to the standards described by the State of Ohio Bureau of Workers Compensation.
- Safety Day: Each winter, Deer Park Roofing shuts down all jobsites and hosts all employees at our training center for a full day of safety training. The event consists of 8 one hour sessions that are led by a variety of safety professionals.