Total Protection Roofing System
Owens Corning™ Roofing Video: Patented SureNail Technology
A durable and long lasting roof system begins with a good design. Deer Park Roofing, Inc. specializes in both design and installation of your new roof system. The following 10 layers of protection are an important part of the long term performance of your roof system:
- Intake Ventilation – Soffit or eave vents are easy to overlook but are a vital component to the success of your roof ventilation system. When (hot or moist) air is exhausted out of your roof, it must be replaced with cool air from your intake vents. When attic temperatures are the same temperature as the outside air, thermal expansion and contraction of your roof system is minimized. Expansion and contraction of the roof deck is the leading cause of nail pops and causes premature roof failure.
- Ice and Water Guard – should be installed around chimneys, at the eaves, around skylights, and under valley metal to protect your roof system from ice dams. Ice dams occur when heat from your living space escapes into the attic and causes the roof deck to be warmer than the outside air. When temperatures are below freezing, the snow will melt over the main part of the house and re-freeze along the gutters. Ice and water guard adheres directly to the roof deck to prevent water infiltration in areas that are vulnerable to ice dams.
- Underlayment – is an added layer of waterproofing protection when wind driven rain occurs. 30 pound felt paper is a slip resistant underlayment that should be used on residential structures to ensure the Class A fire rating of the roof system.
- Starter Shingles – prevent wind damage on the perimeter of your roof. The roof is susceptible to more wind uplift on the perimeter as compared to the field of the roof. Starter shingles were engineered by the shingle manufacturers in an effort to strengthen wind resistance and should be installed on every new roof.
- Owens Corning TruDefinition Duration Shingles – Deer Park Roofing, Inc. will specify this industry leading shingle that will withstand winds up to 130 mph with only 4 nails. The TruDef Duration shingles contain a patented SureNail Strip - an embedded mesh fabric that prevents nails from blowing through the shingles during installation. The SureNail strip also prevents shingles from pulling back up through the nails during high winds.
- Flashings – are replaced on all new roof installations. Ohio and Kentucky Building Codes require steel valley flashings to be at least 26 gauge. All flashings should be replaced when a new roof is installed. Deer Park Roofing solders our flashings to ensure they will remain watertight as long as the other parts of the roofing system.
- Exhaust Ventilation – will extend the life of your roof system by minimizing the effects of thermal expansion and contraction on your roof system. Shingle over ridge vents are the most effective type of exhaust vents and are ideal for most roof systems. Exhaust vents help prevent ice dams and condensation by allowing warm air to escape the attic space during the winter months.
- Attic Insulation – makes your home more comfortable but also prevents roof problems like ice dams and condensation. A good thermal boundary is an important component of each roof system. Click here to for more information about attic insulation.
- Quality Assurance –supervisors provide training and support to our installers to ensure a durable finished product. Our full time quality assurance supervisor significantly reduces workmanship issues and helps our workers in the field continuously improve their skills.
- Warranty Services – The 5 year workmanship warranty from Deer Park Roofing is much better than the industry standard in terms of our response time and solutions. Our staff of over 85 employees will prioritize any workmanship claim within 24 hours. An (extended) 50 year workmanship warranty is also available from a Fortune 500 company (Owens Corning), since Deer Park Roofing, Inc. is a Platinum Preferred Contractor. Please contact a staff member for more information.